Weekends are the best. I get to catch up on much-needed sleep, but more importantly, I get to pull out the waffle maker.
My weekend philosophy is to float out of a dream and float right back into another one, with each bite of these yummy chocolate chip waffles. Drench the waffles in homemade nutella, and it’ll be a match made in heaven.
What is your favorite weekend breakfast treat?
Chocolate Chip Waffles with Nutella notes:
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder (or vanilla extract)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup chocolate chips, extra for topping the waffles
- Nutella for topping
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: baking powder, baking soda, flour, sugar and salt, and vanilla powder.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: eggs, melted butter, and buttermilk.
- Transfer the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk together. Add chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Cook in your waffle maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Top with nutella and chocolate chips to your heart's content!